- To develop and promote educational programs for obtaining the knowledge required to perform the functions of a safety professional.
- To develop and disseminate local, information and materials that will carry out the purposes of the Chapter, the Society, and serve the public.
- To provide and/or support forums for the interchange and acquisition of professional knowledge among its members.
- To foster liaisons with local organizations of related disciplines.
- To inaugurate and implement programs and projects consistent with the purposes of the Chapter and the Society.
- To conduct its affairs in a manner that will reflect the standards, purposes, and objectives of the Society.
The Chapter is located in Empire State Area of Region VIII; the Chapter’s geographical area is defined as follows: fifteen counties in Eastern New York (Ulster, Dutchess, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Albany, Schenectady, Schoharie, Fulton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Washington, Warren, Essex, and Clinton)