The Eastern New York ASSP Chapter is happy to post your job on our website. All you need to do is send the job posting information either as text in an e-mail body or as a Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. There is no cost associated with posting on our website. Old job postings that are more than 90 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, just send a new listing and it will be reposted.
Full Description of Position and Apply: Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Director | Carver Companies Careers (ultipro.com)
For over 30 years, Carver Companies fundamental belief has been to provide unparalleled service all while maintaining our values of honesty and integrity both on land and sea. We pride ourselves on our unmatched logistics services and superior products to our customers, partners and tenants. We work hard to inspire our diverse, well-rounded workforce and management team to always perform at the highest levels of safety and professionalism.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Director will develop, manage and implement EHS policies and programs across all Carver Companies sites, including Upstate NY, Charleston SC, Staten Island, New Brunswick Canada, among others. The Director will ensure the health and safety of all Carver Companies employees and compliance with all applicable federal, state and local EHS requirements. In addition, the Director will spearhead the development of a world class safety and training program, making Carver Companies a true leader in Safety and Compliance. This position will drive organizational and cultural change and contribute to the ongoing growth and success of Carver Companies within the industries we serve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop, implement, and maintain EHS programs, policies and procedures to ensure the utmost health and safety of Carver employees, contractors and visitors; prevent negative environmental impact; and meet government regulations.
· Identify problem areas, implement corrective action, and successfully drive down the EMR.
· Manage EHS and a team of safety managers and administrators at various locations in a highly dynamic, complex organization serving such industries as Maritime, Construction, Mining, etc.
· Be an agent of change and establish a strong safety culture across all sites with a focus on prevention including awareness, training, ownership and early hazard identification and elimination.
· Develop a strong, ongoing training program, to eventually include a dedicated training center.
· Play a key role on the management team formulating strategy and objectives, deploying best practices across all locations.
· Achieve world-class safety performance as benchmarked with our industry peers.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· 10+ years’ experience as an EHS manager or similar.
· Bachelor’s degree in EHS or related field.
· Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, and similar regulatory standards and best practices in the industries in which we serve.
· Extensive EHS experience working in the maritime, construction, or mining sector preferred.
· This is an in-person position based in Coeymans, New York.
· Occasional travel will be required. Must have a valid Passport or Enhanced DL with ability to enter Canada. Must also have a valid, clean driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
Estimated compensation range is $100,000 to $140,000 per year. Actual compensation may be higher or lower, in or outside of the range, based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience and expertise.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical Insurance (zero employee-cost options available), Group Life, Long Term Disability, 401k with up to 8% match, paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, you will have the opportunity to invest in Carver Group Ventures which is an employee owned company. Further, we have voluntary benefits available including dental, vision, voluntary life, enhanced short term disability, a buy up option on the long term disability, AFLAC, employee assistance fund, and more.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to join the senior management team and grow your career with Carver Companies.
Company: The Safety Collective, Inc. · Saratoga Springs, NY
Complete Description and Apply:
About the job
The Safety Collective, Inc. is ready to expand its team of forward-thinking health and safety professionals. We are looking for candidates who are natural leaders, motivated, and full of passion.
From the first day our clients work with us, we are committed to offering a 100% custom experience to suit client needs. We take the time to learn our clients industry, understand their organizations, and connect them with the right solution, even if that solution isn’t us! We excel in integrating employee education and engagement in all of our services.
In today’s business climate, the only constant is change. We at The Safety Collective embrace change and are excited by the challenge. We are committed to keeping an open mind, staying in front of industry trends, and helping our clients navigate through the regulations and changes. The workforce is aging, and most of our clients are left wondering how they will proceed into the future. We embrace this challenge and are focused and committed to developing the workforce and helping to bridge the generational gap.
The Safety Collective is seeking experienced Part-Time and/or Full-Time Safety Consultant(s) to join our team out of our Saratoga Springs, NY / Upstate New York region. The position covers territories primarily in NY and the northeast, however, travel will be required in the greater northeast region (VT, NH, ME, MA, CT, RI, PA, NJ) and other miscellaneous regions across the country. This is a face to face traveling position (~75%) to client locations and remote-work for scheduling, reports and follow-up.
This position requires a strong technical background in training and/or occupational health and safety, computer and technical writing skills and also requires skills in project management and client relations.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Development and implementation of training programs and certification classes
- Public speaking and training
- Heath and safety compliance audits to educate the workforce, and evaluate applicability of conformance with OSHA / DOT regulations.
- Health and safety management system design and implementation
- Development and implementation of client health and safety plans
- Client relationship management and growth
- Prepare client and company deliverables
- Mentor team members
- Travel to client sites and work locations
- Work with client account representatives to define and meet client expectations
- Work in a variety of industries including but not limited to: construction, manufacturing, maritime an transportation.
- Business development
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Experience training and in occupational health and safety, or in the trades with some secondary education, or non-related degree or;
- Experience training and in occupational health and safety, or in the trades with a bachelor’s degree in safety, science or related field preferred.
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction, General Industry and/or Maritime
- Experience speaking in front of people and training.
- Experience working with others,
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Experience managing client relationships and interactions, and interface well and develop a rapport with clients.
- Have an attention to developing and maintaining a professional image and standing.
- Committed to constant improvement and staying ahead of industry trends.
- Experience developing and implementing occupational health and safety audits, programs and related support material.
- Ability to carry equipment such as training materials, boxes, carts, equipment, etc.
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolding and stairs.
- Be willing and able to wear respirator, harness, and other safety equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Maintain a clear criminal background and driver license check to access client sites
- Ability to pass and maintain clean drug and alcohol screenings upon employment or as needed to access some client sites
Preferred Qualifications / Training
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- OSHA 500, 501 or 5400 Instructor
- First Aid CPR AED Instructor
- ATSSA Flagging Instructor
- MEWP Instructor
- DOT Compliance Training
- HAZWOPER Instructor
- OSHA 30 Hour
- MSHA Trainer
- MSHA Training